Communications & Events Graduate Assistant Position Available
Applications accepted through June 14
The College of Humanities & Social Sciences has an opening for a Communications & Events Graduate Assistant in the Dean's Office beginning Fall 2022.
Note: Effective July 1, 2022, the College of Social & Behavioral Sciences and the College of Arts & Humanities will merge to create the new College of Humanities & Social Sciences.
Communications & Events Graduate Assistant, HSS Dean's Office
RESPONSIBILITIES: Works with the Director of Communications & Events. Duties include assisting with:
- Planning, development and implementation of college events, programs, and projects
- Development, editing and distribution of internal and external college communications, including newsletter articles and website content
- Create and manage social media content
- Creation and distribution of marketing materials
- Planning and executing special projects as requested by the Dean
- Administrative support for college committees and advisory boards within the college
- Collecting and organizing data
- Other duties as needed, including office support
- Graduate student a Minnesota State University, Mankato.
- Computer skills with working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with graphics (i.e., photos or other images)
- Experience with simple publication programs and layout.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to work independently and with others.
- Experience working with events, social media and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Undergraduate degree or current graduate work in one of the programs included in the College of Humanities & Social Sciences (formerly the College of Social & Behavioral Sciences and the College of Arts & Humanities).
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
RELATED INFORMATION: Contingent on satisfactory performance and available funding, there is a possibility that this appointment may be continued beyond the initial period of employment. Graduate assistants are required to enroll for a minimum of six credits per semester at the graduate level. Additional information about graduate assistants at Minnesota State University, Mankato and application forms are available at http://grad.mnsu.edu.
TO APPLY: In order to be considered for this position, please submit
Email materials for consideration to email@example.com.