Common Registration Terms
- Registration Window - The exact day/time you can register for classes. Located in E-services
- Access Code- Code required to register for classes for 1st year students in SBS under 30 credits. You must meet with your advisor to discuss classes to get this code.
- Registration Hold- A hold impacts your ability to register. If you have a hold, it will be on your E-services dashboard or your DARs (degree audit report) when you log in. Click here to learn about holds and how to resolve them.
- E-services- Is where you go to search for courses, register for classes, and see you DARs.
- Degree Audit Report (DARS) - DARs is a degree audit report that outlines requirements to graduate. Bring an updated DARs to every advisor meeting.
- Registration Errors or Problems- Errors received when you try to enroll in a class.
Preparing to Meet with your Advisor
- Schedule an appointment with your advisor by emailing, calling, using MavConnect (if an option) or going to your advisor’s office.
- Find your advisors name on your DARs
- Know what you want to discuss with them. Write down your questions ahead of time.
- Examples of questions: What are the admission requirements/processes for the major? How can I get involved in my major? What types of career fields to people pursue with this major? Do I need a minor, and what would be a good minor for my career interests?
- Bring your Degree Audit Report (DARs) and/or transcript to the meeting and whatever other materials that will be useful for the meeting.
Using E-Services for Registration
Watch these short videos on how to use E-services!
- Find the name of your Advisor
- Find your Degree Audit Report on E-Service (DARs)
- Find your Registration Window
- How to use Course Search and Register for Classes
- How to Search for General Education Classes
- How to use Transferology
Common Registration and Advising Resources