Preparing for Graduation
As you get closer to graduation, you should…
1. Meet with your faculty advisor to discuss:
- Which major requirements you have remaining
- When you can take those remaining requirements (consider required prerequisites and when the course will be offered)
- What is required for any senior capstones, internships or portfolios (ask about timelines for these requirements as well)
2. Meet with the SBS Advising Center to discuss:
- Broad degree requirements (120 total credits, 40 upper-level, 2.0 local MSU and overall GPA, Diverse Cultures, Writing Intensive)
- General Education requirements
3. Register for your final term of classes.
4. Complete a Graduation Application.
5. Meet with the Career Development Center to start your job search. They can support you with:
- Determining your career interests
- How and where to search for jobs in your field
- How to apply for jobs, create a resume and write cover letters
- How to prepare for interviews
6. Complete your Financial Aid Exit Interview if you received Federal Loans
7. Contact the SBS Advising Center if you have any questions about the graduation process broadly, or if you have specific questions about your graduation evaluation.