Welcome to the SBS Advising Center. We serve as academic advisors for first year students, a resource for all students in Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS) regarding academic concerns, academic policies and procedures, general education advising, and referrals to other resources on campus.
We are committed to taking the necessary steps to protect the health and safety of our faculty, staff and students, as well as all visitors to campus to limit the spread of COVID-19. Our office space is closed, however we are working remotely.
Virtual hours: Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
*Days and times could vary based on advisor availability.
Office Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to connect with and Advisor in the SBS Advising Center during this time
- To schedule an online appointment, please go to mnsu.edu/mavconnect and choose an online appointment. Click here to see the instructions on scheduling in MavConnect.
- Email the SBS Advising Center at email email@example.com.
Please use email to contact the SBS Advising Center, multiple individuals have access to this email and can respond to your inquiry or question. Please be patient with response times, as we will have a large volume of email with this transition.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: Sue Munsterman: 507-389-6306 (call this number to schedule an appointment)
Jodie Ward: 507-389-1408
Melissa Iverson: 507-389-1351
Advising Structure in the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- First year students under 30 credits are assigned to the SBS Advising Center
- After 30 credits, a student is assigned a faculty/major advisor for major advising and involvement.
- All students are encouraged to visit the Advising Center for general education, general advising, and application for graduation questions.
Want to update your record, change your major, add a minor or certificate, or change the catalog that you are following? Click on the Major Button below! Then stay tuned to your MavMail for confirmation and further steps.
Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS) Advising Center
114 Armstrong Hall