Welcome to the SBS Advising Center. We serve as academic advisors for first year students, a resource for all students in Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS) regarding academic concerns, academic policies and procedures, general education advising, and referrals to other resources on campus.
Office Hours: Monday - Friday: 8am - 4pm
*All appointments will be conducted virtually on Zoom or by phone due to social distancing. However, our office is open to schedule appointments.
Office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Phone: 507-389-2416
Office Location: Armstrong Hall 114 (AH 114)
Questions, Need Help or Want to Schedule an Appointment?
- To schedule an online appointment, please go to mnsu.edu/mavconnect and choose an online appointment. See the instructions on scheduling in MavConnect
- All students using online appointments and online walk-in hours must download Zoom. You can also download the Zoom App and use on your phone.
Advising Structure in the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- First year students under 30 credits are assigned to the SBS Advising Center
- After 30 credits, a student is assigned a faculty/major advisor for major advising and involvement.
- All students are encouraged to visit the Advising Center for general education, general advising, and application for graduation questions.
Want to update your record, change your major, add a minor or certificate, or change the catalog that you are following? Click on the Major Button below! Then stay tuned to your MavMail for confirmation and further steps.