Application Deadline: February 15
Admission to the program is competitive with applications due on February 15 for classes beginning the following fall. We only admit students in the fall semester.
Required Application Materials:
The following materials must be submitted for an application to be considered complete:
- Unofficial transcripts
- Official Graduate Record Examination (G.R.E.) scores
- The College of Graduate Studies application form
- A copy of your curriculum vita
- A roughly 2-page statement of purpose that outlines:
- Your research and clinical experiences (i.e., what you have done in terms of clinical/applied work as well as research)
- Your specific research and clinical interests (i.e., areas of expertise you would like to develop during your education)
- Your post-master’s degree goals (i.e., what you plan to do after completing a master’s degree)
- Your ultimate career goals (i.e., what you see yourself doing after completing your education)
- What about our program appeals to you (i.e., why are you applying to our program)
- Three letters of reference sent directly from persons who know your academic ability.
- Please include references from three individuals who can speak toward your academic, research, and/or interpersonal skills. Letters from psychology faculty are preferred; however, letters from faculty in other academic departments are welcomed. Letters from employers are acceptable as well if jobs are related to human services. The Clinical Psychology program at Minnesota State, Mankato is designed to prepare students for doctoral-level training. Therefore, letter writers should provide an assessment of the applicant’s potential to complete doctoral-level training in the future.
No file is reviewed until all required materials have been received. Applicants are advised of the Clinical Program Committee's decisions as soon as possible. This process does not usually take longer than about March 25.
Begin Application Process
To schedule a campus visit or to inquire about admission to the clinical psychology program:
Jeffrey Buchanan, Ph.D., Director of Clinical Training
Department of Psychology
Armstrong Hall 103
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Mankato, MN 56001