Application Deadline: February 15
Admission to the program is competitive with applications due on February 15th for classes beginning the following Fall. We only admit students in the Fall semester.
Required Application Materials:
The following materials must be submitted for an application to be consider complete:
- Official transcripts
- Official Graduate Record Examination (G.R.E.) scores
- The College of Graduate Studies application form
- A copy of your curriculum vita
- A roughly 2-page statement of purpose that outlines:
- Your research and clinical experiences (i.e., what you have done in terms of clinical/applied work as well as research)
- Your specific research and clinical interests (i.e., areas of expertise you would like to develop during your education)
- Your post-master’s degree goals (i.e., what you plan to do after completing a master’s degree)
- Your ultimate career goals (i.e., what you see yourself doing after completing your education)
- What about our program appeals to you (i.e., why are you applying to our program)
6. Three letters of reference sent directly from persons who know your academic ability.
Please include references from psychology faculty who know you well. Applicants should provide this form to their faculty letter writers and the form should be uploaded along with the letter of recommendation.
No file is reviewed until all required materials have been received. Applicants are advised of the Clinical Program Committee's decisions as soon as possible. This process does not usually take longer than about March 25th.
Begin Application Process
To schedule a campus visit or to inquire about admission to the clinical psychology program:
Jeffrey Buchanan, Ph.D.,
Director of Clinical Training
Department of Psychology
Armstrong Hall 103
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Mankato, MN 56001