Shawna Petersen-Brown, Associate Professor | School Psychology Doctoral Program
*Dr. Shawna Petersen-Brown is on sabbatical for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Ph.D. in Educational Psychology, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 2013
Areas of Interest
- Use of assessment to inform the selection and design of academic intervention.
- Implementation variables that impact the effectiveness of academic intervention
- Interventions that support the development of reading skills
- Psyc304 Introduction to School Psychology
- Psyc433 Child Psychology
- Psyc436 Adolescent Psychology
- Psyc490 Workshop on School Violence
- Psyc705 Principles of Academic Assessment
- Psyc720 Academic Problem Solving
- Psyc770 Child Mental Health: Assessment to Intervention
- Burns, M.K., Petersen-Brown, S., Haegele, K., Rodrigues, M., Schmitt, B., Braam, M.,...VanDerHeyden, A.M. (2015). Meta-analysis of academic interventions derived from neuropsychological data. School Psychology Quarterly, 31, 28-42.
- Jitendra, A.K., Petersen-Brown, S., Lein, A.E., Zaslofsky, A.F., Kunkel, A., Jung, P.G., & Egan, A. (2015). Teaching mathematical word problem solving: The quality of evidence for strategy instruction priming the problem structure. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 48, 51-72.
- Petersen-Brown, S., & Burns, M.K. (2011). Adding a vocabulary component to incremental rehearsal to enhance retention and generalization. School Psychology Quarterly, 26, 245-255.