Kevin Filter, Professor | School Psychology Doctoral Program Director
- Ph.D. in School Psychology, University of Oregon, 2004
Areas of Interest
- School Psychology
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- School-wide Positive Behavior Support
- Systems Change in Schools
- Intervention-oriented Assessment
- Psyc101 Introduction to Psychological Science
- Psyc476 Applied Behavior Analysis
- Psyc701 Problem-Solving, Prevention, and Systems in School Psychology
- Psyc740 Systems-Level Supports and Evaluation
- Psyc750 School Psychology Practicum
- DeJager, B., Houlihan, D., Filter, K.J., Mackie, P.F.E., & Klein, L. (2020). Comparing the Effectiveness and Ease of Implementation of Token Economy, Response Cost, and a Combination Condition in Rural Elementary School Classrooms. Journal of Rural Mental Health. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1037/rmh0000123
- Filter, K. J., & Brown, J. M. (2019). Validation of the PBIS-ACT Full: An updated measure of staff commitment to implement SWPBIS. Remedial and Special Education, 40(1), 40-50.
- Filter, K. J. (2019). Check-in/Check-out. Chapter in K. Radley III and E. Dart (Eds.) Handbook of Behavioral Interventions in Schools: Multi‐Tiered Systems of Supports. Oxford University Press: New York, NY.
- Filter, K. J., Sytsma, M., & McIntosh, K. (2016). A brief measure of staff commitment to implement school-wide positive behavioral interventions and supports. Assessment for Effective Intervention, 42 (1), 18-31.
- DeJager, B. W., & Filter, K. J. (2015). Prevent-Teach-Reinforce: Function-based intervention planning with elementary students without disabilities. Journal of Applied School Psychology, 31 (4), 369-391.
- Filter, K. J., & Alvarez, M. (2012). Functional behavioral assessment: A three-tiered prevention model. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.