Jeffrey Brown, Assistant Professor | School Psychology Doctoral Program
*Dr. Jeffrey Brown is on leave for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Areas of Interest
- Structural Equation Modeling in Assessment Research
- Informant Discrepancy
- Social-Emotional Development
- Risk and Resilience
- Youth of Color
- Psyc101 Intro to Psychological Science
- Psyc202 Careers in Psychology
- Psyc304 Intro to School Psychology
- Psyc710 Cognitive Assessment
- Psyc775 Behavioral Interventions
- Psyc795 Internship
- Brown, J., Barbarin, O., & Scott, K. (2013). Early cognition and the development of internalizing problems in black boys. The American Journal of Orthopsychiatry.
- Scott, K., Bararin, O., & Brown, J. (2013). From higher order thinking to higher order behavior: Exploring the relationship between early cognitive skills and social competence in black boys. The American Journal of Orthopsychiatry.
- Scott, K.S., Brown, J., Jean-Baptiste, E., & Barbarin, O. (2012). A socio-cultural conception of literacy practices in African American families. In Handbook of Family Literacy, B. Wasik (Ed).
- Brown, J. (2015). Strategies for a safe, effective classroom climate for LGBT students in Louisiana. Talk presented at the Louisiana School Psychology Association Annual Meeting in Lafayette, Louisiana, November 2015.
- Brown, J., & Barbarin, O. (2015). Statistical methods of analyzing informant discrepancies and applications to longitudinal data. Presented at the Biennial Meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development, Philidelphia, Pennsylvania, March 2015.
- Grapin, S., Brown Griffin, C., Naser, S., Brown, J., & Proctor, S. (2019) School-Based Interventions for Reducing Youths’ Racial and Ethnic Prejudice. Policy Insights from the Behavioral and Brain Sciences.
- Murphy, S.A., Brown, J., Shankar, A., & Lichtveld, M. (in press). A quantitative assessment of IHE disaster preparedness and resilience. Journal of Emergency Management.
- Barbarin, O.A., Hitti, A., & Brown, J. (2019) Self-regulation of Attention, Behavior, and Emotions Using the ABLE Universal Screener: A Rasch Analysis. Journal of Emotional and Behavior Disorders.
- Filter, K. J., & Brown, J. (2019). Validation of the PBIS-ACT Full: An Updated Measure of Staff Commitment to Implement SWPBIS. Remedial and Special Education, 40(1), 40-50.
- Naser, S., Brown, J., & Verlenden, J. (2018). Utility of Universal Screening versus Office Discipline Referrals in early identification of at-risk youth.
- Brown, J., Schreiber, C., & Barbarin, O.A. A Review of School-wide, Classroom-Wide, and Home Based Practices for Culturally Competent Math Instruction and Intervention in Black Children. In Promising Practices in Engaging Families in STEM Learning. Ed. Caspe, M. (2018).