Angelica Aguirre, Assistant Professor
Areas of Interest
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Verbal behavior and private events (i.e., thinking and problem solving)
- Emergent or derived relational responding
- Social and academic repertoires with people with and without disabilities (ages 0-22)
- Classroom behavior management
- Psyc 103W - Psychology Today
- Psyc 230 - Child Care Psychology
- Psyc 682 - Child Psychopathology
- Psyc 689 - Standards and Ethics in Psychology
- Aguirre, A.A., O'Neill, J., Rehfeldt, R.A., & Boyer, V. (2014). Teaching complex communications skills to adults with ASD. In M.J. Tinacani & A. Bondy (Eds.), Adults with autism spectrum disorders: Evidence-based and promising practices. New York, NY: Guilford Press.
- Aguirre, A.A. & Rehfeldt, R.A. (Accepted with revisions). An evaluation of an equivalence-based instruction on the emergence of english and math relations with elementary school children. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Aguirre, A.A., Valentino, A.L., LeBlanc, L.A. (2016). Empirical investigations of the intraverbal: 2005-2015. The Analysist of Verbal Behavior, 32(2), 139-153. doi: 10.1007/s40616-016-0064-4
- Aguirre, A.A. & Rehfeldt, R.A. (2015). An Evaluation of the Effects of Visual Imagining and Instruction on the Spelling Performance of Adolescents with Learning Disabilities. The Analysis of Verbal Behavior, 31(1), 118-125.
- Aguirre, A.A., Leblanc, L., Miltenberger, C., & Geiger, K. (2017) Evaluating the effects of similar and discriminative stimuli during contitional auditory discrimination training with children with autism. Paper presentation at the 43rd Annual convention for the Association for Behavior Analysis International. Denver, CO.