Kyle Ward, Associate Professor | Social Studies Director
Kyle Ward is the Director of the Social Studies Education program and teaches both of the methods courses and specializes in history education and the use of textbooks in the classroom. He also teaches an introductory U.S. History course and a class on World War II and the Holocaust.
- Ph.D., Indiana State University, 2007
Fields of Study
- Social Studies Education
- US History
- Social Studies 200: Introduction to Social Studies Teaching
- Social Studies 450: Teaching Social Studies Secondary School
- Ward, Kyle. History vs. History: Understanding Historical Thinking and Historiography. Nystrom Publishing (2019).
- Ward, Kyle. History in the Making: An Absorbing Look at How American History has Changed in the Telling over the Last 200 Years. The New Press (2016).
- Ward, Kyle. In the Shadow of Glory: The Thirteenth Minnesota and the Spanish-American and Philippine-American Wars, 1898-1899. North Star Press (2000).