College Mission and Values
The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences is a community of diverse learners seeking to understand and transform the social world through inquiry, inspiration, service and innovation.
- Diversity: Our uniqueness as individuals and as a collective is an asset and serves as a source of strength.
- Learning: The foundation of knowledge as both a valued end and a means to success.
- Engagement: Passion, involvement, critical thinking, and collaboration are nurtured among all learners.
- Equity: The assurance of access, belonging, and opportunity shapes our approach and our actions.
- Innovation: Creativity advances knowledge through research and scholarship for improving lives.
- Integrity: Ethics and honesty guide our curriculum, values, words, and actions.
- Increase our value to students and their success by refining our programs, systems and practices.
- Improve the 2nd Year Experience to increase retention and graduation rates.
- Collaborate internally and externally to increase scholarship, learning and diversity.
- Increase flexibility in faculty and staff work, expectations and load.
- Improve infrastructure and space utilization while influencing a One Space/Place Plan.