Minnesota State University
Dr. Joe Kunkel
Dakota Meadows Middle School 387-5077
Chris Boyce email@example.com
December 5, 2002
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Public Achievement Minigrant: For Team Expenses
We invite PA teams to apply for a PA minigrant to help teams to meet special expenses. This money is part of the grant we received from Mankato Area Healthy Youth. This grant application is intended to be simple and to give young people experience in grant-writing. Coaches should advise, help and must approve the grant application. But the team members should get the experience of applying for a grant. Our PA leadership team will review the grants.
The guidelines for the grant are as follows:
1. Public Work: The funds should be spent to help PA teams engage in public work. The application asks them to explain how their activity will help build a more democratic and caring community. It should not just benefit themselves.
2. Out-of-School Activities: The funds should be spent to help PA teams undertake actions projects which involve the students in at least some activity outside of regular school hours.
3. Other funding: This grant can be used as seed money or can cover all of the expenses. If this grant does not cover all the expenses for the proposal the teams must have a realistic plan for raising the remainder of the funds. If you are funded once you can apply later.
4. Reporting: The team will need to submit a written report on how you spent the money , what you accomplished, and what you learned. We will give you a report form.
5. Don’t apply for: Regular copying can be done by the school. Don’t need to apply for this.
6. Amount: Limit your requests to about $50 maximum. We have $1,000 budgeted for minigrants. We can not fund all 30 teams at the $50 level. Since usually not all teams request fuding, you may apply for a second grant later in the year.
7. Deadlines: We will accept applications at any time.
Dakota Meadows Public Achievement APPLICATION
Public Achievement Mini-grant
Fill out this form to apply for your grant. You may continue on additional pages if necessary, but please be brief.
PUBLIC ACHIEVEMENT TEAM:
Problem or Issue Summary: Describe your problem or issue in 50 words or less. Why is it a “public” problem or issue? Who is affected by it?
Project: Briefly describe the project you are working on and what it has to do with the problem or issue.
Funding Request: How much are you requesting? What will the funds be used for?
Other funding: How much other funding do you need and how are you trying to raise it?
Out of school aspect: Our funding is from Mankato Area Healthy Youth to encourage positive activities outside of normal school hours. Please explain how this funding will help you be involved in out-of -school activity?
Previous funding: If you have already received a PA grant, please explain how you spent those funds and why you will use funds from the second round.
Deliver your proposal to Dr. Kunkel or Jill Hurd at the PA Office at Dakota Meadows Middle School or to Joe Kunkel
Thanks to Mankato Area Healthy Youth for supporting Public Achievement