AdmissionPage address: http://sbs.mnsu.edu/ursi/graduate/admission.html
In addition to meeting the general admission requirements of College of Graduate Studies, admission to the program as a degree-seeking student requires:
- Undergraduate course in research methods/statistics, or equivalent
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0/4.0 in the last two years of coursework
- Two recommendations assessing potential for successful graduate study
- Resume or CV
- Personal statement:
- describing academic and work background;
- reason for selecting graduate study in this degree program, and
- particular interests/skills you would bring to the program (especially technological skills such as computer programs with which you are familiar - GIS, web page, etc.).
Admission to the program on a provision basis may be approved for applicants with a GPA of at least 2.6 in the last two years of coursework and who demonstrate special circumstances and potential. Absence of specific undergraduate coursework in urban studies or statistics will result in the assigning of deficiency coursework which must be completed before graduation.
To apply online, go to Graduate Studies Applications page.
Please be familiar with MSU, Mankato's tuition and fee rates. The Urban & Regional Studies Institute follows the guidelines of the University, and its students are required to abide by these policies. A link to this information can be found here:http://www.mnsu.edu/campushub/tuition_fees/