CorrectionsPage address: http://sbs.mnsu.edu/soccorr/corrections/
The Mission of the Corrections Program is to promote a humane Correctional system that is fair and just.
- Faculty will conduct research that address issues related to the mission
- Prepare students for careers in correctional with a sociological framework that incorporates multiculturalism, social class, gender, and critical transformation of the field.
- Students will know research-supported practices in the field of Corrections.
- Students will have a sound understanding of the criminal justice system, a vision of what it could become, and the desire, skills, and knowledge to make the ideal a reality.
- Students will demonstrate a commitment to the principles of social justice, respect, support and belief in the inherent dignity and worth of all individuals.