- Our newest faculty member is Carlos Panahon, from Syracuse University
- ALUMNI/ALUMNAE We would like to know where you are and what you are doing! Send us an email
Kevin J. Filter, Associate Professor
Degree, institution, year awarded
Ph.D., University of Oregon, 2004
Area(s) of specialization
- School Psychology
- School-wide Positive Behavior Support
- Functional Behavioral Assessment
- Validity of functional behavioral assessment in schools
- Measurement of positive social behavior
- Effective interventions in school-wide positive behavior support
- High quality and low quality implementation of schoolwide positive behavior support
- Current vs. preferred roles of school psychologists
- How effective are function-based behavior interventions relative to non-function-based behavior interventions?
- Filter, K. J., & Alvarez, M. E. (2012). Functional behavioral assessment: A three-tiered prevention model. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- McIntosh, K., Filter, K. J., McKay, L. D., Sugai, G., & Ryan, C. (2010). Principles of sustainable prevention: Designing scale-up of school-wide positive behavior support to promote durable systems, Psychology in the Schools, 47, 5-21.
- Filter, K. J., & Horner, R.H. (2009). Function-based academic interventions for problem behavior. Education and Treatment of Children, 32, 1-19.
- Filter, K. J., Tincani, M. J., & Fung, D. (2009). Professionals’ views of positive behavior support and behavior analysis. Journal of Positive Behavior Interventions, 11 (4), 222-234.
- Filter, K. J., McKenna, M. K., Benedict, E. A., Horner, R. H., Todd, A. W., & Watson, J. (2007). Check in/ Check out: A Post-Hoc Evaluation of an Efficient, Secondary-Level Targeted Intervention for Reducing Problem Behaviors in Schools. Education and Treatment of Children, 30, 69-84.
- Filter, K. J., Klein, L., Barnes, A., & Anderson, C. (2009). Procedural issues in functional behavioral assessment. Presentation at the 6th Annual Convention for the Association for Positive Behavior Support, Jacksonville, FL.
- Kloos, E., & Filter, K. J. (2008). Minnesota school-wide positive behvaior interventions and supports. Presentation at the 14th Annual International Child and Adolescent Conference, Minneapolis, MN.
- Filter, K. J., Horner, R. H., McKenna, M. K., Todd, A. W., & Fairbanks, S. (2006). Check in/ Check out: Empirical Support for a Secondary-Level, Targeted Intervention. Symposium Presentation at the 3rd Annual Convention for the Association for Positive Behavior Support, Reno, NV.
- Filter, K. J. (2005). The Functional Relationship Between Problem Behavior and Academic Variables. Symposium Presentation at the 37th Annual Convention for the National Association of School Psychologists, Atlanta, GA.
- PSYC 101 Psychology
- PSYC 103 Psychology Today
- PSYC 303 Introduction to Clinical Psychology
- PSYC 4/576 Applied Behavior Analysis
- PSYC 701 Principles and Practices of School Psychology
- PSYC 710 Cognitive Assessment