Application InfoPage address: http://sbs.mnsu.edu/iopsych/appinfo.html
IMPORTANT NOTE! We are revising our application procedures for Fall 2018 admissions. New information will be posted by Nov. 1st. Admission requirements and prerequisites will not change but we will be implementing a new application process. Thank you for your patience.
Applicants must have the following:
- A bachelor's degree in psychology OR
- A bachelor's degree in another field AND a minimum of 15 semester credits in psychology including: introductory psychology, statistics, research methods, social psychology, and either personality or cognitive psychology. Students with deficiencies in the prerequisite courses are rarely admitted. It is generally preferable to complete such courses prior to beginning graduate studies.
- A GPA of at least 3.0 for your undergraduate work.
- Completion of the GRE General Test
ATTENTION: If you are an international applicant, please see this link for additional application requirements.
All application materials must be received by February 15th. Please note that the I-O Admissions committee requires additional application materials above and beyond those required by the University Graduate Studies Office.
Required application materials
The following must be completed online:
- The Graduate Studies Application (online)
- $40 application fee (paid to Graduate Studies) - online
- Immunization Form
The following should be completed, printed, and mailed to I-O Admissions (see address below):
- The Industrial-Organizational Psychology Program Application
- 3 Letters of Recommendation. A minimum of two of these letters should come from professors who are familiar with your academic work. Recommendation Form
- Personal Statement. Requirements for this statement are provided in the I-O Psychology Program Application. Please do not exceed 3 double spaced pages.
The following should be sent to the Graduate Studies Office (see address below):
See the Graduate Studies page for more information
- Transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended.
- Official GRE scores