Admission RequirementsPage address: http://sbs.mnsu.edu/history/programs/undergraduate/admission.html
Who will be admitted?
- Applicants who are graduates of accredited high schools (or who hold a GED certificate) with no prior college work will be considered for admission to Minnesota State University, Mankato on the basis of high school courses (including Minnesota State University Preparation Standards), grades, class rank and college entrance examinations (ACT required).
- If you graduated from high school three or more years ago and have not had any formal schooling since high school, you will be admitted to Minnesota State University, Mankato upon application and proof of high school graduation or satisfactory GED scores.
- If you have pursued some post-secondary education (college, university, technical school), have been out of school for at least one full year and are now interested in returning to college, you are encouraged to apply to Minnesota State University, Mankato. Your application and transcripts will be reviewed for admission purposes on an individual basis.
How do I apply?
- All students must submit a completed application online or by mail.
- All students must submit an ACT score prior to enrollment. Minnesota State University, Mankato is not requiring the writing portion of the ACT.
- If you have completed some post-secondary coursework, but do not have 24 completed college level credits at the time of application, or have only attended a technical college, submit your high school transcript and ACT score.
- If you are a transfer student, request that official transcripts from ALL post-secondary institutions be sent directly to the Office of Admissions.
- There will be a $20 application fee.
Click here to learn more about SBS Major advising, how to declare a major/minor, how to find your academic advisor, and find additional resources pertinent to your academic career to MSU.
Click here to learn more about SBS General Education Advising, the student relations coordinator's office Advising "U" and the variety of student support services available for SBS students.