International RelationsPage address: http://sbs.mnsu.edu/government/irelations/
The Department of Government offers a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in International Relations (IR). The links below and to the left provide you with information regarding the details and requirements of the program.
Speaker and Film Screening
Patti Kenner: " Ahead of Time"; A speaker and film screening
Brought to you by the Kessel Peace Institute
Date: October 15, 2015. Time: 7:00pm-10pm. Location: CSU Ostrander Auditorium
Patti Kenner is the executive producer of the documentary film, "Ahead of Time". Ms. Kenner has presented her film at numerous campuses and community venues throughout the United States. She is passionate about educating the public, and particularly young people, concerning the Holocaust. Ms. Kenner is also deeply engaged in philantropic work and in political activism for social justice. Please, plan to attend and please share this wonderful opportunity as widely as you can.
UN/IR Club meetings
Fall Semester 2015: United Nations/International Relations Student Club Meetings are held this semester on Thursdays, 5 - 7pm in CSU 101 (other rooms may be used if necessary).
All students interested in international affairs are welcome to join. Please contact UN/IR Club President – Filip Georgiou: email@example.com.
IR News (Study Abroad, Internships, Jobs, etc.)
- For a complete list of study abroad information, go to the Study Abroad Information section or the Kearney International Center web page. Unless specifically noted, the International Relations program does not officially endorse any of the non-MSU organizations listed below.
- Funding for students pursuing graduate studies at the University of Minnesota. The Anoush Khoshkish Fellowship provides one or more years of funding for students pursuing graduate study in global affairs, global political diplomacy, and related fields in the College of Liberal Arts, the Humphrey School of Public Affairs, or the Law School at the University of Minnesota.
Recipients of the 2015 award must meet the following criteria: See the flyer for contact information.
- be a graduate of a 4-year institution in the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) system by Spring 2015
- have good academic standing with exceptional potential in their field
- plan to enroll as a full-time graduate student at the University of Minnesota’s College of Liberal Arts, Humphrey School of Public Affairs, or Law School
- provide a personal statement demonstrating how their future goals are connected to a broad understanding of global issues
Eligibility guidelines and the application can be found here: Irwin Abrams & Paula Spier Study Abroad Scholarship
New Study Abroad Opportunities in Poland
- Univesity of Minnesota's Learning Abroad Center has international development programs in four countries: Kenya, Senegal, Ecuador, and India. Click each link for details.
New International Relations Program Requirement
(Applicable to students who declared their IR major in or after Fall 2013)
International Experiential Learning (6-15 credits)
The international experiential learning component consists of a minimum of 6 credits and a maximum of 15 credits. Wherever possible, students are encouraged to satisfy this requirement by undertaking study at a university abroad. However, under exceptional circumstances, a student may be allowed to satisfy the requirement through an approved internship. Click here for details.
- Program Details and Requirements
- IR Major and Minor
- IR Major Courses - Full Listing
- Undergraduate Bulletin
- IR Advising Sheet, 2014-2015
International Relations Planning Sheet
Choose your bulletin year and click the link. If you do not know which undergraduate bulletin you should use, ask your advisor.
- Students using Bulletin 2013/2014 for graduation
- Students using Bulletin 2011/2012, or 2012/2013 for graduation
- Students using Bulletin 2008/2009, 2009/2010, or 2010/2011 for graduation
International Relations Faculty:
- International Relations Program Director, Tomasz Inglot, Ph.D.
- Abdalla Battah, Ph.D.
- Eiji Kawabata, Ph.D.
- Jacqueline Vieceli, Ph. D.