Curriculum CommitteePage address: http://sbs.mnsu.edu/faculty/curriculum/
The College Curriculum Committee is charged with oversight of the college curriculum and entrusted to make decisions that help us to build the strongest possible curriculum consistent with departmental, college, and university missions.
This committee will:
- review new course and program proposals in light of their academic strength and their relationship to departmental, college, and university goals and objectives;
- watch for unnecessary duplication or course conflicts in the college;
- make recommendations to university curriculum committees on course and program proposals;
- review and propose policies and procedures related to curriculum development in the college;
- report to the dean on deliberations of the committee.
Membership on the committee includes one representative from each department. Members are appointed by the FA upon recommendation of the department.
Curriculum Committee Members
- *Ron Schirmer, Anthropology
- --, Economics
- Kebba Darboe, Ethnic Studies
- Shannon Miller, Gender & Women's Studies
- Cindy Miller, Geography
- Pat Nelson, Government
- Jill Cooley, History
- Emily Stark, Psychology
- Chris Black-Hughes - Social Work
- Jeffery Dennis, Sociology & Corrections
- Russell Fricano, Urban and Regional Studies
* represents chair