Economics ScholarshipsPage address: http://sbs.mnsu.edu/economics/scholarships.html
- E. Dale Peterson Memorial Scholarship: Named in memory of the former Chairperson of the Economics Department, this scholarship will be awarded to one student majoring in economics. the scholarship of $500 will be awarded this spring for use in the following academic year.
- Mohamed Askalani Memorial Scholarship: Named in memory of long time faculty in the Economics Department, this scholarship will be awarded to one student majoring in economics. the scholarship of $1500 will be awarded this spring for use in the following academic year.
Dr. Jang C. Jin Scholarship: Dr. Jang C. Jin completed his master’s degree in economics at Mankato State University, as it was known at the time. After earning his Ph.D., he became an economics professor at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. Since 2014, he teaches at George Mason University Korea, in his home country. This fund is established to support students majoring in Economics, with an overall grade point average of at least a 3.0 and an interest in research activities. The scholarship will be awarded this spring for use in the following academic year.
General criteria for awarding scholarships
- Students must be declared economics majors
- Students must be a member of the junior class (as defined by the university) at the time of the awarding of the scholarship
- the scholarship will be awarded on the basis of overall academic performance, academic performance in economics classes, and involvement in the activities of the economics department
Directions to apply for the Economics scholarships
1. Go to the Academic Works website.
2. Click on the "Sign In" button in the upper right hand corner. Sign in as directed.
3. Place cursor over "Opportunities" and select "Ours" from the drop-down menu.
4. Type "Economics" in the search bar.
5. Select the scholarship(s) you'd like to apply for. Click on "General Application" to apply.
Here is the Link to the Academic Works website.
For more information, please contact Amanda Greenig (email@example.com) in the Economics Department office in Morris Hall 150.