College Mission and ValuesPage address: http://sbs.mnsu.edu/college_mission.html
The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences is a community of diverse learners seeking to understand and
transform the Social world through inquiry, inspiration, service and innovation.
Diversity Our uniqueness as individuals and as a collective is an asset and serves as a source of strength.
Learning The foundation of knowledge as both a valued end and a means to success.
Engagement Passion, involvement, critical thinking, and collaboration are nurtured among all learners
Equity The assurance of access, belonging, and opportunity shapes our approach and our actions.
Innovation Creativity advances knowledge through research and scholarship for improving lives.
Integrity Ethics and honesty guide our curriculum, values, words, and actions.
- Increase our value to students and their success by refining our programs, systems and practices
- Improve the 2nd Year Experience to increase retention and graduation rates
- Collaborate internally and externally to Increase scholarship, learning and diversity
- Increase flexibility in faculty and staff work, expectations and load
- Improve infrastructure and space utilization while influencing a One Space / Place Plan