MISSION: The Center on Aging is dedicated to enhancing the process and prospects of aging for individuals and the community through integrated education, research and service.
Education: to Support the MSU, Mankato Gerontology Program.
Research: To foster applied research in aging.
Service: To facilitate linkages and collaboration among a broad range of university and community constituencies.
- Region Nine Development Commission
- Area Agency on Aging
- Summit Center – Mankato area senior citizens' center
- Elderhostel/Exploritas – Elderhostel (also known as Exploritas) is a special learning opportunity for adults 55 and over to explore new areas of knowledge while expanding their present interests and enthusiasms. The program presents an ideal opportunity for people who want to combine learning, fellowship and new experience in the congenial and stimulating environment of a college campus.
- For information about Elderhostel in Minnesota, call 612-624-7004 or write: Minnesota Elderhostel, 137 Nolte Center, U. of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455.
- For more information about Elderhostel and for catalogs listing course offerings in the United States and around the world, write to Elderhostel, 11 Avenue de Lafayette, Boston, MA 02111-1746 or call toll-free 877-426-8056.
- Mankato Area Lifelong Learners
- Newslink – MSU's Gerontology Program/Center on Aging bi-yearly newsletter
- Careers in Aging: Consider the Possibilities
- Research/Information Sources on Aging – provides links to other information on aging