RegistrationPage address: http://sbs.mnsu.edu/advisingu/registration.html
Registration and Course Advising
Common Registration Terms
Registration Window- The exact day/time you can register for classes. Located in E-services
Access Code- Code required to register for classes for 1st year students in SBS under 30 credits. You must meet with your advisor to discuss classes to get this code.
Registration Hold- A hold impacts your ability to register. If you have a hold, it will be on your E-services dashboard or your DARs (degree audit report) when you log in. Click here to learn about holds and how to resolve them.
E-services- Is where you go to search for courses, register for classes, and see you DARs
Degree Audit Report (DARS) - DARs is a degree audit report that outlines requirements to graduate. Bring an updated DARs to every advisor meeting.
Registration Errors or Problems- Errors received when you try to enroll in a class.
Preparing to Meet with your Advisor
1. Schedule an appointment with your advisor by emailing, calling, using MavConnect (if an option) or going to your advisor’s office.
- Find your advisors name on your DARs
2. Know what you want to discuss with them. Write down your questions ahead of time.
- Examples of questions: What are the admission requirements/processes for the major? How can I get involved in my major? What types of career fields to people pursue with this major? Do I need a minor, and what would be a good minor for my career interests?
Using E-Services for Registration
- Find the name of your Advisor
- Find your Unofficial Transcript
- Find your Degree Audit Report on E-Service (DARs)
- Understanding your DARs-General Education Requirements
- Understanding your DARs-Major & Minor Requirements
- Understanding your DARs-Graduation Requirements
- Understanding Prerequisite Course Requirements
- Find your Registration Window
- How to use Course Search and Register for Classes
- How to Register using Advanced Search (Searching for General Education classes)
- How to use Transferology
Common Registration and Advising Resources
- Commonly used Advising Forms
- Registration Resources (Holds, Registration Questions, etc.)
- Important Registration and Financial Aid Dates
- Academic Catalogs