Students who are in their final two years of study at Minnesota State University, Mankato, who are in the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, and have indicated a major and career interest are eligible to be matched with Alumni working in their field of interest.
Each fall, students and alumni are matched. Mentoring relationships are intended to:
- Be professional in nature
- Help students make the transition from academic environment to the world of work;
- Offer an opportunity for professional development, networking and an exchange of ideas between experienced professionals and the next generation of leaders
Students who are matched in this program are expected to meet with their mentor regularly, work with their mentor on a variety of exercises, and interact on a variety of topics and discussions related to professional interests. To review all the expectations and requirements of a mentee view the Mentorship Program Handbook.
How to Apply for Mentorship Program
- Review Mentorship Program Handbook
- Complete the application, resume, cover letter and email to Mentorship Committee.
- Students are encouraged to have their resume and cover letter reviewed by the Career Development Center prior to submitting an application.