shortcut to content
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Minnesota State University, Mankato

Advising "U"

Page address:


Student Relations and Advising Center of the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences

Advising “U” is the Student Relations and Advising Center for the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences. We serve as a resource for all students in Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS) regarding academic concerns, academic policies and procedures, general education advising, and referrals to other resources on campus.


What Does Advising "U" Have to Offer?

  • Advising Tools & Tips
  • General Education questions
  • Satisfactory Academic Progress Information and Resources
  • Knowledgeable Staff 


Advising Resources

  • Advising Tools & Tips
o   Find name of Advisor
o   Find your Transcript 
o   Find your Degree Audit Report (DARs)
          - How to understand General Education Requirements
          - How to understand Major & Minor Requirements
          - How to understand Graduation Requirements
o   How to understand Prerequisite Course Requirements
o   How to use Transferology 
  - Transferology is a tool used to see how credits transfer to MNSU
  - Transferology website 
  - How to input [PDF] classes (494 KiB)
o   How to Register for classes
   - How to use advanced search option
  •         General Education
o   Diverse Cultures requirements
o   Writing Intensive requirements
o   Goal Area requirements 
o   Math & English competency requirements
*See advisor at least once a semester to have your General Education requirements assessed to avoid extra coursework or graduation delays.

    Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Information

  • What is SAP and what does it mean?
  • Link to SAPS policy
  • Academic Reinstatement (broken link)
  • Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards


Knowledgeable Staff

  • Student Relations Coordinator: Melissa (Mel) Iverson
  •  Office Manager of Student Relations/Social Studies Office : Judy Olson-Passer
  •  Graduate Assistants
  • Student Workers 



Advising "U"
Armstrong Hall 114
Phone Number: 507-389-6306