Academic AdvisingPage address: http://sbs.mnsu.edu/advisingu/academicadvising.html
Welcome to the SBS Advising Center. We serve as academic advisors for first year students, a resource for all students in Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS) regarding academic concerns, academic policies and procedures, general education advising, and referrals to other resources on campus.
SBS Advising Center
114 Armstrong Hall
Advisors: Melissa (Mel) Iverson and Jodie Ward
Schedule an Appointment with the SBS Advising Center
- To schedule an appointment Online: Use MavConnect.
- Call to schedule: 507-389-2416 or
- Visit Armstrong Hall 114 (AH 114) to schedule!
Advising Stucture in the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- First year students under 30 credits are assigned to the SBS Advising Center
- After 30 credits, a student is assigned a faculty/major advisor for major advising and involvement.
- All students are encouraged to visit the Advising Center for general education, general advising, and application for graduation questions.
Faculty/Staff Advisor vs. Advising Center Advisor
Faculty / Staff Advisor:
SBS Advising Center:
**We recommend that each student meets with their advisor once a semester.
Declaring your Major/Minor/Certificate OR Changing your Advisor
The Major Button allows you to update your academic record easily, with updated information about your major, minor, or certificate that you may be pursuing. If you need to make a change to your catalog year or want to request a change in advisors, you can do that here as well. Then, stay tuned to your MavMail for information about the changes you have requested.
- Log in to the Major Button form to get started.